My Thoughts Are My Own

Saturday, October 15, 2005

...I may not be in school, but...

...I can still have an opinion about some of the things that go on there, especially if they affect me in some way. So I hear that the rule that you can't be in an outside show if you're in a university show was a rumor. That's great. Awesome. And I hear that my buddy has a different acting prof right now for his 4th year class because the prof who he's supposed to have is down at the coast workshopping a play she wrote with four others. Good for her. Don't get me wrong I love this instructor, I love all of the theatre profs at TRU. They've been great to me. I completely support her in her endeavors and I hope that they have fun workshopping a play. You go, girl.

What I DO NOT support is that this prof has been allowed to leave her job for a week or two, or more (how long she's gone for I do not know), while three members of Saucy Fops: The Musical? WERE NOT allowed to miss the first two weeks of school while we did the Vancouver run. One of them was allowed to, but with much hassle. Need I remind you that these students only need to worry about themselves and their studies (one individual) while an instructor has responsibility over 30 or 40 students (many individuals). This double standard outrages me.

As I said, I'm not a student any more. And as I said, I love those teachers and support them. But it's not okay with me if those students have rules put on them that the instructors are allowed to bypass. If they could have done the Vancouver run, then this whole issue I have would not exist.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:37 p.m., Blogger Super Ego said…

    I whole heartedly aggree with you! if there's a rule set in place, fine. it must be obeyed, and there ain't a damn thing we can do about it. but when the instructers can bypass that rule because it's convenient to them, then we have a problem.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home