My Thoughts Are My Own

Thursday, May 12, 2005

...freaking politics...

Today on my way to rehearsal for the Tempest, I saw something unexpected. The other side of the highway that I usually J-walk across to get to the university was overrun with semi's, vans, trucks, and many other sorts of vehicles, all boasting signs that advertised the BC Liberals. I saw an interesting image. This didn't seem to be a regular parade. Traffic wasn't stopped, there were no cops at intersections blocking traffic. Instead, regular commuters were interspersed in this slow moving election sign. Typical of the Liberals I thought. Big trucks that represent their grand promises, moving at a snail's pace. And I found it funny they chose logging trucks and semi's hauling huge machinery to post their signs on. To me it read that all they want is to make money and exploit. It was probably immature of me, but I took great delight in fingering the 'parade' as they drove past me on my way to an artistic venture, one that they would probably cut from this province to 'save' money, when really all their trying to do is horde it. And another word, fuck you Gordon Campbell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home